Are you a glass half-empty person? Recent studies show how optimism can improve your life and your health. Positive thinking can help relieve stress and can even improve your health and well-being.
According to the latest research optimism protects the heart and circulation and can have similar benefits for overall health.
Health benefits of positive thinking
The Mayo Clinic mentions that health benefits of positive thinking may include:
- Increased life span
- Lower rates of depression
- Lower levels of distress
- Greater resistance to the common cold
- Better psychological and physical well-being
- Better cardiovascular health and reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease
- Better coping skills during hardships and times of stress
The folks at Happify.com have put together this infographic ‘How Optimism Can Improve Your Life And Your Health’ with useful tips on how to become more optimistic about your life.
Secret health tips…
There are ways, less well-known ways you can avoid disease, stay strong and live longer. Take a look at this interesting infographic ‘10 Strange Ways to Stay Healthy‘.