When establishing an SEO strategy, it is important to look at these 8 key performance indicators (KPIs) to evaluate your results. But what are the KPIs and how can SaaS leaders be on the lookout for them? The KPIs you should track are keyword ranking, organic traffic, backlinks, domain authority, time spent on the page, click-through rates, analyzing mobile traffic, and bounce rate.
Here’s what to look for in each KPI:
- With keyword ranking, the goal is to rank on the first page of the search results for relevant keywords. Improve rankings by creating quality content that answers a user’s search intent, increasing backlinks, and using long-tail keywords.
- Organic traffic is the number of visitors that come to a site without paid advertising.
- Create a backlinking strategy to improve the number of external sites that link back to your articles or website. The highest ranked pages usually have the most backlinks
- Domain authority predicts how well a site will perform on search engines.
- Time spent on page, tracks user activity and behavior while on a site.
- Click-through rates show how pages are performing, the higher you rank on search engines usually means higher click-through rates.
- Analyzing mobile traffic will show you which pages have the most visitors via phone or tablet, which can signal the need to optimize those pages for mobile visitors.
- Bounce rate measures how quickly a user exits your website. It can help you understand user experience and what improvements need to be made.
This infographic will walk you through how to improve your SEO and growth strategy. SaaS companies should consider hiring an SEO consultant or agency to ensure their strategy is a success.