More and more women are breaking into male-dominated industries. Across the globe, we are seeing women break into industries like tech, manufacturing, and many more. This shift has created a much-needed change, like an increase in profits, diverse workforces, and a push for work-life balance.
Women are influencing the business world, and here are the top stats about women in business.
- 42% of all U.S. businesses are owned by women (13 million).
- Women-owned businesses employ over 9.4 million workers.
- Women are three percentage points more likely to start a business than men.
- The states with the most women-owned businesses, employment, and revenue are Georgia, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, and South Dakota.
- Since the early 2000s, women-owned companies have increased by 114%.
- In 2020, the average annual revenue for women-owned businesses was $330,226.
Minority women are also making major waves in the business world according to these stats.
- The number of businesses owned by minority women has grown by over 163% since 2007.
- Out of 12.9 million women-owned businesses in 2019,
- 21% are owned by Black women.
- 9% are owned by Asian women.
- 18% are owned by Latina women.
- 1.4% are owned by Native American women.
- 0.3% are owned by Pacific Islander women.
- Minority women-owned businesses made $422 billion in revenue in 2019.
- Businesses owned by women of color employ over 2.2 million people.
Take a look at the full report on women in business, and share our infographic!